Friday, April 13, 2012

Lock-In


Okay, so I'm the reason for the labeling, but it's a creative solution to a problem. I find that my life sometimes goes that way. I do something (a boo-boo) and then I have to do my most creative thinking. And if it works, well, whychange with what's working.
I'll tell you what I'm talking about. There's this brilliant artisan the department store I work for wanted to carry his work. It took me forever to get him to sign. When he did, I had to do it personally. Then he decided I was the love of his life.

Okay, what do you do? I went with the flow. I told him that I knew I would always be the second love of his life, for he loved his art first of all. I couldn't compete with his brilliance, so I wanted to save my heart by not loving him.

He thought about it and agreed. We became good friends. If you want to read his story, it's in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment